Saturday, January 28, 2012

Philippians!

While last semeter's timely study of James focused on trials and perseverance, this semester's 10 week study on the book of Philippians will focus on JOY!!!! 


Did you know that the word "JOY" means "calm delight?" There is great freedom in knowing that JOY does not equal always having a smile on your face or a bubbly demeanor 24/7. This calm delight can only exist when "the joy of the LORD is your strength."


Our KEY VERSE for these 10 weeks will be:
"Not that I speak from want, for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am. I know how to get along with humble means, and I also know how to live in prosperity; in any and every circumstance I have learned the secret of being filled and going hungry, both of having abundance and suffering need. I can do all things through Him who strengthens me." Philippians 4:11-13


The 1st time we met together, we talked about the negative ways we receive joy and the 3 things that can rob us of our joy. In summary, we must remember that the secret to real joy is to set your mind on, think about and remember who GOD is and what He has brought you through.


We have some exciting things planned and we would love for you to join us! Please let us hear from you in the comments.


Click here for the introduction homework.

2 comments:

Imogene said...

I love this to follow up with the last study! Here is a great song that that goes along with the transition of these studies! Love you all!
http://youtu.be/New8i_eX3x8

Glenda said...

Imogene

Thanks and we miss you. Congratulations on baby girl!!!