Saturday, October 22, 2011

Tasty treat for the week: Apple Cake!

You know this cake must be good because I missed Bible Study due to sick kids and I got a phone call soon after Bible Study from a trusty friend that I would be getting the recipe via email and needed to make is PRONTO.

Low and behold, I made it today and she was right. I was not disappointed and you won't be either.

Thanks, Elizabeth S.!

Elizabeth says:

Apple Cake
3 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp allspice
1/4 tsp salt
3 eggs
1 cup oil
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
3 cups peeled, chopped apples (I used Gala)

Sift together dry ingredients.  In a separate bowl, mix eggs through vanilla with electric mixer for 2 minutes.  Add to dry ingredients and stir just until combined.  Fold in apples.  Pour mixture into a prepared bundt pan and bake at 350 for one hour.  The recipe says to just dust powdered sugar over it, but I am an icing girl so... combine 2 cups powdered sugar with enough milk just to get the right consistency and pour over cooled cake.  Enjoy!

Love ya'll!!
Elizabeth :)

No comments: